Sunday, January 8, 2012

Another week down

I'm one more week closer to my goal of running the Charlottesville ten miler. I'm having trouble believing I will actually be able to run that far, but I can tell I'm making progress.

This week was tough. My run on Tuesday wasn't bad. It was 2.5 miles on a soft, flat trail, and actually pretty easy.  Then we hit Thursday's run. Only 2 miles, shouldn't be too bad except we changed our short run from 1.5 miles to 2 and ran a hilly loop in our neighborhood. We ended up coming in just stay of the full 2 miles, but I'm not going to stress about it.

Friday P and I went for a hike. We did about 3.5 miles on the Appalachian Trail, which was absolutely fantastic, bit we paid for it during our 2.5 mile run yesterday.  It wasn't a bad run, it was just a little more challenging because we were both battling tired legs.

All told, rinningwise it has been a good week, now if I can get my eating back under control I'll feel better about things.

One more week then I'm back in classes and I have to work around a set schedule again, we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment